Re: Debian Server restored after Compromise. Which kernels???

> > > Thank you for clarifying.
> > >
> > > Perhaps a naive observation: to save enrgies (and make a treasure of op
> > > competence) why not putting your deb packages (if they are deb) for
> > > download? Is any server that could accept them?
> >
> > This would, offhand, *seem* to be a job for Debian security.
>
> Thank you for courage in saying that. But I know little about the
> policy of Debian to this concern, and, most of all, I understand
> that volunteers may lack the time at the moment for what seems to be
> the most economical (and secure) procedure. francesco

Why not try compiling your own kernel?
make-kpkg makes it quite simple for us non developer types.
All you need to do is install kernel-package, and perhaps gcc, make, g++ if
they don't already come down with kernel-package.
/usr/share/doc/kernel-package has the readme that shows you how to compile
your own .deb.

Cheers,