Re: nvidia video drivers

It is very simple and easy to set things up using the latest installer
from the nvidia website.  If you choose to go that route then there is
only one thing that you need to know.  The installer from the nvidia
website puts your drivers and extensions in the old modules location
which is:

/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/

All you need to do to get things working with the nvidia installer is
copy the contents of the extensions/ and drivers/ directories over to
the new location which is:

/usr/lib/xorg/modules/

Or you can use ln to link the directories.

rm -rf /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions
ln -s /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions
ln -s /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers

Then all you have to do is run the installer.  As far as I know this
doesn't interfere with any debian packages and is even easier than the
"Debian Way."  Enjoy.