Re: multiprocessor

On Tuesday 20 June 2006 01:35, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> Forgot to say:
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux deb64 2.6.15-1-amd64-k8-smp #2 date
> ________________
>
> mpqc 2.3.0-1, running on amd64 etch debian,  sees only one
> processor, while there are two.
>
> I posed the question also to the mpqc list but, in the meantime,
> I wonder wether there is anything general to do with debian.
>
> Mother bowrd Tyan K8WE S 2895, two 265 dual opteron, all eight
> slots of ram filled (1 GB each)
>
> At computer on:
> CPU0=Dual Core amd64 opteron 265
> CPU1=Dual Core amd64 opteron 265
>
> All ram detected (also, subsequently, with top command)
>

> As far as I understand, on the general command
> $ mpqc filename.inp | tee filename.ou
> all available processor should be detected.
>
> What can be done from the debian general point of view of
> checking processors?
>
> Thanks for helping.
>
> Cheers
>
> francesco pietra

Top will tell you how many CPU's you have hit 1 when in top, should
give you an account of your CPU's.

Don't forget dmesg, that will tell you as well, like another
gentleman said it starts counting from 0, so it is normal to see
only 3 as the final CPU.

Also most of the stuff you need can be found in the /proc directory,
in fact that is what top uses. So if you need a quick fix just cat
in your /proc directory to see the information.

Gnu_Raiz