Re: Software RAID5

Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 09:58:24AM -0400, Matthias Julius wrote:
>> That sounds very promising.  I wonder how LVM deals with a grown disk
>> used as PV.
>
> Well I don't think I have tried that.  I have tried moving all LVM data
> to other drives, then removing the PV, resizing it, and readding the
> larger PV, and then adding it back to LVM.

Unfortunately my RAID5 is the only volume in my LVM.  So it is not
really possible here to move the date somewhere else.

> I would hope LVM deals with resizing PVs though, but I did not want to
> risk trying it.

I would be willing to risk that (since I have a backup).  I just would
like to know before whether and how LVM is supposed to deal with that.

I guess I should go back and RTFM.

Matthias