Re: gcc

Hi Len:
perhaps better for me to go for a jogging, or make a cup of strong green tea,
because I am getting really confused:

#dselect
shows that both gcc-4.1 and make are installed (blank*** with the last *
highlighted, as for packages that work, like apt)

In contrast (?)
#dpkg -S /usr/bin/gcc
dpkg: /usr/bin/gcc not found

but see below from a perusal of directories

Installation was in differet partitions and raid1: /, /usr, /var/
swap, /home, /tmp

/usr/bin includes, inter alia, g++-4.1, gcc-4.1, gccbug-4.1

Previously I was trying to compile a program that has Makefile only:
$make
gcc -g -02 -c -o active.o active.c
make: *** [active.o] Error 127

thank you