Re: php4 phpmyAdmin & associated CMS problems

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 04:34:51PM +0200, jj cambefort wrote:
> 	I've searched the list, but noone seems to have these problems i discovered yesteday.
>     I've a bi xeon machine (dell) with linux-2.6.8-12.em64t-p4-smp, running mysql 4 for about 8 weeks without any problem.
> 	Yesterday I install apache phpMyAdmin and a CMS (drupal). I've installed these on several 32 bits servers without problem.
>
>   	In the case of the amd64 sometimes phpMyAdmin complains with messages like
> 		'allowed memory size 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 23040 byte)
>     Drupal (a php CMS) shows lots of same messages.
> 	A reinstall with a different version shows the first page (incomplete)  but all links shows 'page not availaible'
>

> 	Is someone got same problems, or as an idea ????
>

> 	linux-2.6.8-12.em64t-p4-smp
>   	apache 1.3.33
>    	php4

That means your PHP scripts sometimes need/want more memory than your
php.ini files says they are allowed to use.  Increase the value, or make
the scripts smarter about their memory use.  It should be easy to find
in the php.ini file.  Just look for a value of 8M or something like
that.