TV grabber cards for PCI-X

Paul Brook wrote:
On Tuesday 21 March 2006 03:10, David Liontooth wrote:
Paul Brook wrote:
On Tuesday 21 March 2006 02:04, David Liontooth wrote:
Paul Brook wrote:
Most modern PCI cards support 3.3v operation, so will work fine in
PCI-X slots. PCI-X is backwards compatible with 32-bit 33MHz PCI.
Often true, but TV cards still need 5V PCI.
I have a DVB-t card that works fine in a PCI-X slot, and it looks like
the more recent (2388x based) Hauppage cards should also work.
What about v4l cards? The old-fashioned analog signal?

Exactly what I said above:

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_pcifm.html

You can tell it's a 3.3v card because it's got an two notches in the PCI connector.

Paul
This is new information for me, and very useful. Can someone confirm a tv-grabber card working in analog mode on a PCI-X bus?

I need NTSC cards and I'm pretty much limited to saa713x, as I have to be able to pull audio directly off the card and to do closed captioning (bt878 might work but cx88 won't).

Dave