Re: installation problem

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 01:11:04PM +0000, Jo Shields wrote:
> Martin Kotys wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >                                                                                                                                     I tried to install debian-31r0a-amd64-netinst.iso on Dell PowerEdge 1800                                                              (Intel Xeon, SCSI). But both, lilo and grub failed during installation                                                                process.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Could you please advise? Or maybe point me to some working iso  image?                                                                                                                                                                                                      Thanks.
> >

> Try tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense

Not working as well. Kernel is with devfs support and harddisks are
accessible through /dev/scsi/.. device, but it tries to write to
/dev/sda

error message from lilo:
mount: /dev/sda1 already mounted  or /boot busy

Nobody has installed amd64 Debian on machine with SCSI controller?

thanks.
--
Martin Kotys