Realplayer skipping

Hello,

I've installed realplayer into an ia32 chroot, and I can run it -- but
it skips like mad, independent of the source, whether it's a local file
or streaming: it plays a fraction of a second, then skips forward by a
few seconds, plays a fraction of a second again, etc.

It seems to have trouble synchronising. Now if I run it with aoss --
chroot into the ia32 chroot, and run 'aoss realplay <source>',
then the timing is ok (I can see the timer counting 0:01 .. 0:02 .. 0:03..,
as opposed to 0:01 .. 0:05 .. 0:06 ..),
but I don't get any sound!

The motherboard is an ATI RS-480 motherboard, and the kernel
is linux-image-2.6-amd64-k8  2.6.15-7, booted with the
disable_timer_pin_1 option, if that matters.

Any idea how I can get realplay to work without skipping, and with sound ?

Jeroen Nijhof