Re: DVD burning stop to work...PLEASE HELP ME!!!

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 21:20 -0300, Marlon Régis Schmitz wrote:
> user@host~: cdrecord -scanbus

I see that you are logged in as a normal user ... try doing your
growisofs command as root.

I had a similar problem just yesterday morning!  I was using the
nautilus cd/dvd burning gui as a normal user and was frustrated that the
cd was not being burned.  I then realized that my new updates to the
system must have screwed some permissions somewhere (after all it is a
testing distribution) so that a normal user could not burn cd/dvds ... I
logged in as root and sure enough I could use the nautilus cd/dvd
burning gui just fine.

-- Tony