Re: how to get a new version of 'unrar' into the official repository?

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 04:06:53PM -0800, Max wrote:
> There is a new version of 'unrar' available for all platforms but AMD64.
>
> The source package can be obtained from
> http://debian.dev.sourceguru.net/unrar-nonfree
> It compile and run smootly on debian-amd64. But how to get it into the
> official repository?
> My bugreport #335824 was closed because AMD64 "is not an official
> port" and the bug is fixed for all other support platforms.

The maintainer can't really do anything about this; it's up to the AMD64
porters. There's no automatic building for non-free, because licenses
may not permit it etc.

There is no bug in the package (it DOES build on amd64, as you found
out), so there's no use in reporting bugs against that package.
I think the maintainer closed it for the wrong reason, but they are
still correct to close it.

Cheers,
Hamish