Re: Perl is broken: Can't locate overload.pm

Max <relf@unn.ac.ru> writes:

> With recent update of my debian-amd64/unstable I've got perl broken.
> Now it reports error like
>
> debconf: Perl may be unconfigured (Can't locate overload.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Template.pm line 331.
>
> Does anybody see this? Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

downgrade perl-modules back to version 5.8.8-1 (it was still in the
archive yesterday when i ran into the same problem. you will have to
install it manually with dpkg) and then put it on hold until perl
catches up with it.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |