aic79xx and hotswap

Hi,

Today I installed amd64 on a IBM x346. Everything works fine, except the
hostraid. Anyway, I prefer mdadm, so I left the RAID unconfigured.
When I started to test hot swap by removing one HD I realized that the
aic79xx module seems to crash sometimes. In the worst case the whole
kernel crashed. I also tried a 2.6.15 kernel, which didn't make it
better.
How did I test: I removed the hd, then I used scsiadd to remove the hd.
After inserting the hd I executed scsiadd again. Also tried to use the
rescan-scsi-bus script, which didn't work at all.

Did someone make the same experiences or has even found a solution?

greets Jimmy

--
                 Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler
   ,'"`.         http://www.jimmy.co.at/ | jimmy@g-tec.co.at