Re: Debian ADM64 Etch (testing/unstable) system freeze

On Thursday 26 January 2006 15:21, Andrew Syrewicze wrote:
> I wouldn't rule out the possibility of your processor getting to hot. The
> newcastle cores aren't as solid as venice cores, and i hear they run a
> little hotter too. I use a venice core and i can overclock the crap out of
> that thing. (with a huge thermaltake fan on it of course ) :-P.
>
> Anyway i would start by checking your cpu temp. I would first check in
> BIOS.

Froze two times again today. First time I was moving a 2.1 Gb file to another
location on the disk and the second time I was doing the same as in the my

First time froze with: "kernel stack segment 0000 [1]"
and the second: "general protection fault 0000"

Afrer reboot I checked the temperature from BIOS - 32 celsius, so it is not
overheating issue.

I doubt the memory issue also as I'd expect alternating symptoms like programs
crashing etc. not just full system freeze every time. (?)
Thanks for everyone for help.

--
Rami Saarinen