Re: Segmentation fault with firefox

Le 26.01.2006 19:34:57, Alexander Jede a écrit :
Hi list,
some days ago I have upgraded my system (testing with some unstable
packages).
Before that I had installed firefox 1.5dfsg-4.
First it works well!
But now I get "Segmentation fault" if I start firefox.
The strange thing is, that firefox run well if I start it as root.
The second strange thing is, that mozilla still working but I get
" # mozilla
grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
cut: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
shared
object file: No such file or directory
sed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
shared
object file: No such file or directory
"
But there is still a link /lib/libc.so.6 to /lib/libc-2.3.5.so
and also one /lib64/libc.so.6 to /lib64/libc-2.3.5.so

Things I tried out to get firefox running:
- removed the profile ($HOME/.mozilla) (perhaps problem with some
plugins?)
-reinstalled firefox
-reinstalled libc6
- downgraded firefox to the version 1.4 (the one in testing)

but now way.....

Do any one else have the same problem?
Is it a bug?
Do my debian hate me?
Or just am I too stupid? (please no answer for this question :-) )

Do you use esound? Which version?

thanks Alex

Jean-Luc