Re: AMD 64 CPU Chip Selection Question

Soenke von Stamm wrote:

They all use exactly the same core, give or take some L2 cache, only that X2 and Opteron >= 165 sport two cores, so an SMP-kernel makes a lot of sense there. Same for Turion64, Athlon64, Sempron64, Opteron.

Use an AMD64 kernel, with or without smp depending on core count. Depending on the chipset I suggest 2.6.8 for sarge and AMD8000 chipset, for all newer chipsets 2.6.12+ from unstable, for dual core the spanking newest kernel you can get (see older thread below), eg. there's a 2.6.15 kernel in unstable.