Re: No swap on my Debian Sid system

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:41:24 +0100, Anders Peter Fugmann wrote:

> As pointed out by others on the list, having swap on a raid partition
> allows you system to survive a disc crash. It will, however, be a bit
> slower than swapping on the harddrive directly.

That's something I haven't really understood.
Let's say one of my disks crashes: the system keeps alive just on the
second disk as long as I keep it up. But let's assume I haven't RAIDed the
swap: it would be enough a reboot to make things back to normal (I mean
provisionaly on just one disk), right?

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449