Re: audio CD

On Saturday 14 Jan 2006 04:13, Gabriel Cava wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem in gnome, my CDROM's work well with
> data CD's but when I try to mount an audio CD there
> appear an error message:
>
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
> /dev/hda,
>        missing codepage or other error
>        In some cases useful info is found in syslog -
> try
>        dmesg | tail  or so

You don't have to mount audio CDs -- they contain only the most rudimentary
"filesystem" anyway  {no names, only numbers, and every "file" [=song] must
be in contiguous sectors}.  Just run any player or ripper application with
the disc in the drive, and it will find it.

There *are* plugins that will allow you to mount a CD as a filesystem and see
the audio tracks as raw PCM, wave, mp3 and ogg vorbis files  {maybe others if
you have the required codecs}.  KDE has one  {type "audiocd:/" in konqueror's
address bar with a music album in the drive}  so I'd lay money that Gnome has
something like it too.

--
AJS