Re: kmail very slow

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:

Hi,

after an upgrading to kde 3.5.0 my kmail is running very slow with cpu 98%. Can anyone help me, or tell me some tiop to solve this?

Thanks in advane,

regards,

Leo

I had a similar problem because the IMAP mail Prefix field was replaced by the IMAP namespaces entries.

The default namespaces, when used against UW imap server, tries to subscribe your entire ~ directory. On my system that took absolutely forever.

Replacing the ~ namespace with just Mail fixed the problem and things are pretty much normal speed. It does seem a bit slower at some IMAP tasks like deleting but not nearly as slow as you describe.

R.Parr, RHCE, Temporal Arts