CD/DVD automount windows-like on kde 3.5?

Hi,

after upgrading to xorg 6.9/kde 3.5 (fantastic, complete painless:)) I have put a my data cd with docs, photos, etc. and automatically kde showed dialog (windows-like) to choose an option for inserted cd/dvd. I have just open it, and I have clicked some audio file. Xmms was launched, but it didn't play none audio files.

Automounter is not a real "partition mounter" (and so what's its usefulness)? or it must be configured?

Thanks,
Giulio