Re: nvidia-glx removes x-server???

Andrew Syrewicze wrote:
Hey everyone. Having a wierd problem here.

It's been awhile since i've run debian unstable, but i missed the updated packages and what not. Anyway, My install went as clean as usual, and i used module assistant to set up my nvidia driver. When i run apt-get install nvidia-glx it installs the package just fine, but it also removes all basic X packages. Packages like x-window-system x-server-xorg and x-window-system-core.

Is this a problem with unstable right now, or is it a kernel thing??? I'm running with a 2.6.15 kernel. Any Ideas???

      -Andy

I'd say it's probably an issue with unstable. If you run an apt-get upgrade (prior to the nvidia-glx package being installed), does it mention any packages being kept back?

--
Colin M. Baker XVII
colin@colinbaker.org