Re: nvidia-glx removes x-server???

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 07:59:09AM -0500, Andrew Syrewicze wrote:
> Hey everyone. Having a wierd problem here.
>
> It's been awhile since i've run debian unstable, but i missed the updated
> packages and what not. Anyway, My install went as clean as usual, and i used
> module assistant to set up my nvidia driver. When i run apt-get install
> nvidia-glx it installs the package just fine, but it also removes all basic
> X packages. Packages like x-window-system x-server-xorg and
> x-window-system-core.
>
> Is this a problem with unstable right now, or is it a kernel thing??? I'm
> running with a 2.6.15 kernel. Any Ideas???

Which version of nvidia-glx?  I believe xserver-xorg now conflicts with
nvidia-glx less than version 7174.  And the line is in fact:

Conflicts: xlibs (<< 6.8.2.dfsg.1-5), xserver-xfree86 (<< 6.8.2.dfsg.1-1), nvidia-glx (<= 1.0.7174-4)

So if you for some reason still have that old nvidia-glx version, and
you try to install it, it would make those other packages uninstall.
Maybe the package in the archive is in need of an update.