Re: 2 xeon but only one is on (is it em64t?)

* Nonno <nonno_bebbo@libero.it> [2006-01-08 22:03]:
> I have an Intel motherboard SE7525GP2 equipped with 2 Xeon >
> 3.40GHz, hyper-threading and em64t are on (verified with Intel
> Processor Id Utility in windows). [...]
>·
> debian:/# cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> cpu family      : 15
> model           : 3
> model name      :                   Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.40GHz
> stepping        : 4
> cpu MHz         : 3391.623
> cache size      : 1024 KB
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 5
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep
> mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2
> ss ht tm syscall lm pni monitor ds_cpl tm2 est cid
> bogomips        : 6007.19
> clflush size    : 64
> cache_alignment : 128
> address sizes   : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
> power management:

You only see one processor, but you should see four: 2 real
processors x 2 due to HyperThreading.  Let's see output from

$ uname -a

You're probably running an amd64-generic kernel.  You need to
install an em64t-p4-smp one, I assume for Sarge that would be
kernel-image-2.6.8-em64t-p4-smp.

Andrew Preater