Unable to create i386 chroot

Hello there list,

I am trying to create the i386 chroot as explained in the AMD64 Howto.
There are some problems with the packages there are downloaded. When I
issue:
nostromo:/var/chroot/sid-ia32# debootstrap --arch i386 sid /var/chroot/sid-ia32 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/

I get 3 packages that cannot be downloaded (I have tried with 5 different
mirrors): nano, libreadline5 and readline-common
And in the end:

I: Configuring base-config...
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.

I don't know what to do precisely now, any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Debian Sid on an Athlon64 X2:

jack@nostromo:~$ uname -a
Linux nostromo 2.6.14-2-amd64-k8-smp #2 SMP Fri Dec 30 06:27:30 CET 2005 x86_64 GNU/Linux

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449