Re: Thunderbird hangs when trying to write message

lance wrote:
On Friday 30 December 2005 11:34 am, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

lance wrote:

Hey,

Using a Sarge/Sid hybrid.  I can read, delete, and move messages in
Mozilla thunderbird 1.0.7 but when I try to write, reply, or forward the
application hangs and I have to use pkill to stop it.

Anyone else had this problem and know the solution?

Lance

Under advanced server settings for the account, how many connections is
it set to cache?  What IMAP server do you use?

Cache is default (5) and am using Cyrus IMAP 21

Lance

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The Cyrus IMAP server will allow a max of 2 or 4 (I forget which). You need to reduce the number of cached connections in T-bird, or you will continue to see the same problem whenever you send a message that should also be copied into the Sent folder.

I had the same exact problem when I was using Cyrus. I finally ended up switching to Courier, though for a number of other reasons as well.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto