Re: why new packages take so long to enter?

On 10506 March 1977, Rafael Rodríguez wrote:

> Many days ago two packages in sid caught my eye: firefox (a replacement for
> the new mozilla-firefox package) and update-notifier. However, a couple of
> weeks later, they still haven't hit amd64's sid. Why is this?

http://amd64.ftbfs.de/fetch.php?&pkg=firefox&ver=1.4.99%2B1.5rc3.dfsg-2&arch=amd64&stamp=1133424957&file=log&as=raw

http://amd64.ftbfs.de/build.php?arch=&pkg=update-notifier

The packages are broken and a fixxed version just seems to be uploaded
today for sid.

--
bye Joerg
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there