Re: New install - no sound

Russ Cook wrote:

> I have an ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe motherboard with an AMD4800 dual core
> processor.  I believe the audio is Realtek ALC850.  I performed a
> clean install from unstable from
> http://mirror.espri.arizona.edu/debian-amd64/debian/ testing main.  My
> system is up and running, and I have been performing apt-get update
> and upgrade periodically.  My kernel is
> vmlinuz-2.6.12-1-amd64-k8-smp.  My problem is that I don't have any
> sound from the system.  Attached is the output from 'lsmod'.  The
> utility 'Discover' is installed.  Can anyone offer some pointers?

This will seem weird, but try plugging your speakers in another jack -
the microphone or the line out one. I have a similar board, and sound is
output through the microphone jack, not the speaker jack. I still don't
know why.

--
"Oh what wouldn't I give to be spat at in the face..."
-- a prisoner in "Life of Brian"

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@bol.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb