Re: OpenOffice-2.0.

Chris Wakefield wrote:
I guess I could have made myself a little more clear.
I understand the 64 bit OO2 progress, thanks.

I noticed that OO2 is not offered in any linux binary except those wrapped in rpm's I was thinking that OO2 would come with the same installer as 1.2 did....I think it was a _bin_ ? Anyways, I tried converting the OO2 rpm's to debs, but ran into a few problems and was hoping there was a simpler way.

You can build debs from the openoffice.org source in debian. There are instructions various places, but they will crash when you try to do certain things. OOo is not 64 bit clean.

By-the-way, I still don't understand why one would need to set up a 32 bit chroot just to run OO when we have 32 bit emulation?

You can't emulate an app if you don't have the libraries it depends on installed in a way it can find them (the purpose of ia32-libs and chroots). Multiarch will solve these problems in a clean and elagant way that will let you use your expensive new processor to its fullest, but multiarch might be a ways off (lots of red tape and stuff...).

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-Land.com