Re: OpenOffice-2.0.

On 12/9/05, Chris Wakefield <c_wakefield@shaw.ca> wrote:
> By-the-way, I still don't understand why one would need to set up a 32 bit
> chroot just to run OO when we have 32 bit emulation?

Sorry, but this is a hot-button of mine.  When you're using a AMD64
processor, you have full native 32-bit support.  The chip can run
32-bit binaries with NO speed penalties, whereas other architectures
require some funky architecture emulators or they slow down.

So, in short, you don't have 32-bit emulation, you have native 32-bit
support.  There's a difference - assuming you're using an AMD
processor.