Re: locked out.

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 10:14:01AM -0800, CHRIS WAKEFIELD wrote:
> I'm using the lastest <current> install iso I think its 2.6.12.  It's an at keyboard.  haven't tried apci=off, but I will.  I'll check the legacy support for usb, but I don't use usb.
> What's funny, is that I've had no problems with the keyboard, but once I booted that fresh install, the keyboard wouldn't work with my other linux installs...very odd.
> I'm in a mess here, I hosed my main system with dist-upgrade ....;^)

Could be your keymap too.  Lots of systems seem to have keyboard
problems due to keymap changes lately at least on 2.6 kernels.

The usb legacy support in bioses can screw up if buggy and prevent a
real ps/2 keyboard from working in some cases.  acpi also sometimes
seems to have bugs that break keyboard support.  I assume the keyboard
works fine at the boot loader?