Re: junk showing up in /emul/ia32-linux

Friends -

Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> You apparently do not need OpenOffice.org.

Nope.  It's not 64-bit clean source code.  Besides, I'm
an old TeX-head, and TeX works just fine.

Jo Shields wrote:
> or lilo/grub

That's a strange special case, since I guess the BIOS jumps
to the boot sector code in 32-bit mode.  I suppose in the long
run I could "fix" that problem by running LinuxBIOS.

How did grub manage to get built before the days of
/emul/ia32-linux?  And that need can hardly explain libg2c0-dev
libgfortran0-dev.  Unless someone rewrote grub in Fortran when
I wasn't looking.  ;-)

Will multi-arch make the situation cleaner or dirtier for
people like me who only want support for one arch variant?

      - Larry