Re: KDE dont work after apt-get dist-upgrade

> Yes, I not prepared to use unstable, I'm trying to learn... It is too

> bad???. And yes, I give "yes" to apt even being read what apt says... But,

> again, I'm trying to learn... And sorry for what I will say, I hope you do

> not take it to bad, but I was not asking in which I mistaken, I was asking

> how I repair what I have broken, because, as I say, I'm trying to learn...

> (ironic, isn't it?)...

> Thanks.

> Santiago.

Hi Santiago, i had the same problem some time ago :-) jejeje, now i use testing but in my 386 system i had an unstable install and I press "yes" without reading the apt messages... I have learnt it , and now I allways read the apt output.

Well, the way I fix that is uninstalling the whole KDE and reinstall it in testing ("apt-get -t testing install kde or something" like this and having source.list pointing to testing)... this way I can turn up the desktop. Finish that a turn again to unstable and do a apt-get upgrade (after, of course a apt-get update).

Normally I use aptitude in comand line mode, not apt-get, therefor you can change all the apt-get that I said in this text for aptitude, is the same (more or lest). Now when I use dist-upgrade a allways look for the programs is going to uninstall and, if there are too many (or very important, like k3b that allways try to uninstall) abort and try with a upgrade until dist-upgrade get working nice.

Un saludo.

P.D.: Sorry for my english, I'm spanish talking. Santiago, I can answer in spanish, but, being this an english list, i prefer to answer in (my poor) english. For respect to the other and, not lest important, to let anybody correct me if i'm wrong.

--

Javier Ramos

Usuario linux Nº: 395328