Re: sil3114 problem

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 09:27:06AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 04:36:54AM +0200, the.death.angel@gmx.net wrote:
> > Do you know any other good hardware raid controllers, that are not that
> > expensive?
>
> Some people have said areca are pretty good and cheaper than 3ware.
> Installing on one is a bit trickier since the drivers although open
> source and available, are not yet included in the kernel, and are not on
> the debian install CDs yet that I know of.

There are also the GDT family of RAID controllers, we have one in a
dual AMD64 machine:

0000:01:06.0 RAID bus controller: Intel Corp. RAID Controller
        Subsystem: Intel Corp. ICP Vortex GDT8546RZ

It's a real hardware RAID card, ours supports RAID 0, 1, and 5 on 4
SATA disks. It uses the "gdth" scsi driver, which should be available
on the debian install CDs.

Erik

--
+-- Erik Mouw -- www.harddisk-recovery.com -- +31 70 370 12 90 --