Re: dependency problems base-files, libc6

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, . wrote:

TXH! But what sources.list should I use? I was using pure64, but it
wasn´t possible to do an update with that, so I came up to the following:

I don't have the machine in front of me, but I believe I'm using:

deb http://amd64.debian.net/debian/ sid main contrib

I don't know about any other hosts at this time.

Instead of sid, you are trying to use "stable," which I have no experience with. I think stable is now sarge, although this transition is extremely recent and if you are really concerned about what's going to happen, I would seek confirmation from someone who has. I haven't attempted to use debian/amd64's sarge/testing/stable for anything yet...

In fact, since you bring it up:

You really should test out anything you are planning to do in production on another system first.

If you aren't set up for that, then you should set yourself up; get a second host, copy everything to it, and try whatever you're going to try.