Re: fam problems

Hi Graham,

El jue, 16-06-2005 a las 11:07 +0100, Graham Smith escribió:

> which I thought "yeah great that looks about right, Gamin really is a
> drop in replacement for fam". Just after it got the packages though apt
> comes back with the stuff below (a list of about 100 packages that
> depend on libfam0c102). Correctly me if I am wrong here but I thought
> apt was supposed to resolve dependency issues _before_ installing and
> removing packages.
>
> dpkg: libfam0c102: dependency problems, but removing anyway as you request:
>   kaboodle depends on libfam0c102.
>   ksnapshot depends on libfam0c102.
>   kmoon depends on libfam0c102.

There's nothing wrong with that as far as I can tell. It just happens
that it has to install libfam before installing libgamin, thus it warns
you that for a moment the dependencies will be broken.

> PS Is there some technical reason why none of the Debian mailing lists
> don't set the Reply-To header?

I think this has been quoted on this list in the past:
http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html .

Greetings,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>