Re: Successful install, but no boot

J.A. de Vries said on Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 03:13:51PM +0000,:

 > On 2005-06-14 @ 11:08:27 (week 24) Lennart Sorensen wrote:
 >
 > > Doesn't the install cd have a rescue mode anymore?  I know they did in
 > > the past but I haven't used it in a long time.
 >
 > Hmm, I thought to remember that too, but "F1" revealed no such option.

AFAICT, simply typing  `rescue' at the boot prompt  while booting from
live CDs  helps, even if  th option  does not turn  up in F1  menu. In
fact, I  distinctly remember somewhere  that rescue/live CDs  have far
more options than can be found in the F1 menus.

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
The wisdom of nations lies in their proverbs,