Re: CPU speed/freq

>> Have you installed the module powernow-k8.ko?
>>
>> /Gudjon
>
> yes, it's loaded at start
>
> Giulio
>

> --

When I do cpufreq-info on my computer it responds with

cpufrequtils 0.3: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004
Report errors and bugs to linux@brodo.de, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
  driver: powernow-k8
  CPUs which need to switch frequency at the same time: 0
  hardware limits: 800 MHz - 1.60 GHz
  available frequency steps: 800 MHz, 1.60 GHz
  available cpufreq governors: userspace, powersave, performance
  current policy: frequency should be within 800 MHz and 1.60 GHz.
                  The governor "powersave" may decide which speed to use
                  within this range.
  current CPU frequency is 800 MHz.

and the directory /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ exists on my
computer.
Perhaps you could purge the packet powernowd and reinstall it I think I
did that once but else I am out of ideas.
   Hope it helps

/Gudjon