Re: Strange aptitude behavior with bind9-host

Ed Tomlinson wrote:
> Looks like the bind9-host package is sticky...

Or has two different sources.

> grover:/home/ed# aptitude update
> grover:/home/ed# aptitude upgrade
>   bind9-host
> grover:/home/ed# aptitude upgrade
>   bind9-host
>
> Notice that it still thinks bind9-host needs to be installed.  How
> do I find out why?  Alternately, how do I fix it?

What is the output of this command?

  apt-cache policy bind9-host

I am guessing that there are multiple sources for bind9-host.  They
are different.  You are alternately installing first one and then the
other.  I have seen this behavior from apt with other packages with
that problem.  A local rebuild in a local depot was my problem.

What is the output of this command?

  apt-get install --print-uris -d -y -qq bind9-host |awk '{print$1}' |xargs -l

I am guessing that as you install first one and then the other that
the URL printed will be changing from one location to the next.

Bob