Re: Current Sid vs Sarge

Pete schrieb:
Hi all,

Just wondering how the stability of Sid is at the moment compared with Sarge?

I'm having issues with MPPE support in Sarge and I think I need to try a later kernel and ppp and the most straight forward way I can see to do this is to upgrade to Sid.

My main conerns for stability are firefox, thunderbird, vmware GSX server (with appropriate patch and ia32 libs that is), and openoffice.org (chroot is fine). Oh, and I also use gnome rather than kde if that makes a difference.

Any opinions welcomed  :-)

Pete

I switched to Sid recently and there are no problems at all.
I think Nautilus now works faster.
Firefox, Thunderbird and Gnome are fine.

greets
Alex