Re: openoffice.org-amd64 works great! trash out 32-bit version ;-)

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 12:46:24AM -0700, Max wrote:
> Hmm, it happens to use some 32-bit libraries. libz.so.1 is one of them and
> should be installed within /emul/ia32-linux/
> So now I'm not even sure that this OpenOffice is 64-bit. ;-/

I thought openoffice.org upstream had said they are doing 64bit support
in 2.x, and that 1.x just doesn't work when compiled on 64bit systems.
I would be surprised if someone had gone and just fixed that since it
sounds like a major project to fix.

Most likely what you have is a 32bit program packaged for easy install
(well relatively easy install) on amd64.