Re: need advice for correct sources.list because of broken packages

Kurt Roeckx schrieb:
On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 12:53:17PM +0200, Alexander Nagel wrote:

That is clear.
But
deb http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/debian-pure64 sarge main contrib non-free
is mentioned in the FAQ so it's some kind official
and therefore these packages seems to be broken.

There is no libgtk2-dev package at all.  I have no idea why you
think this should work.  However, there is a libgtk2.0-dev
package, and that seems to work perfectly.

Yup my failure it's libgtk2.0-dev

If libgtk2.0-dev can't be installed, I think it's because one of
the packages you've installed, and that you need to remove one of
those package to be able to install it.  Did you install anything
that's not part of the archive?  Like maybe some nvidia libs?
No it's a fresh install.
The only thing i did was a temporaly switch to sid to install a kernel-image-2.6.11-9-amd64-k8 and the headers. Nothing more i promise!!
Then back to sarge and of course apt-get update.
Perhaps there are undeleted files from apt which causes the problems.
But i cleaned /var/lib/apt/lists.

And the other adress:
deb http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64 sarge main contrib non-free
seems to work but wants to install newer packages which are in SID (IMHO).

In /pure64 there is only sid / unstable and sarge / testing is a
symlink to sid / unstable.  If you want to use sarge you have to
use /debian-pure64.

Ahhh, thanks.
/debian-pure64 is my default.

Kurt