libqt.so symlink?

Hi,

I just came across a strange problem: I reconfigured and built a kernel on a
pure64 system via xconfig, rebooted, wanted to make another change and lo and
behold xconfig all in a sudden couldn't find libqt: Turns out that symlinking
libqt.so to the libqt3 lib solved the problem.

Now I wonder of course, why did it work before, what went wrong and is the
symlink the proper solution? Which package would usually provide the symlink,
if at all?

regards,
Volker