Problem with chroot paths

OK.... I give in.  I've been going round in circles with this one and
I'm sure the answer is simple, so perhaps someone can put me out of my
misery ;)

I've been using openoffice on a chroot install I did 2 months ago and it
will read/write to smb shares which have been mounted in the fstab:

# smbclient configuration
//server/share /smb/share    cifs credentials=/home/user/.smb_pass,file_mode=0660,dir_mode=0770  0  0
ditto for other shares.

df -h shows the shares within the chroot environment as well as on /smb

I just created a new install on different partitions to use xfce rather
than kde but have kept the original install just in case, I need it.

I followed everything in the HOWTO and all is working fine except that
in spite of having identical entries in fstab for the smb shares, they
don't mount in the chroot. ie. I can't read/write from OOo and df -h
doesn't show the chroot mounts. In almost every respect the installs are
identical.

In the HOWTO it refers to: "You can also pass filenames on the command
line to openoffice since the paths are the same inside the chroot."

Can someone point me to where this is set?

Many thanks

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...