Re: mozilla-thunderbird and enigmail problem

Doubletwist wrote:

Corey Hickey wrote:

| Were you using pure64 or gcc-3.4? I was using gcc-3.4 and I had pretty
| much the same problem. Here's how it went. Most of this happened
yesterday.

No, I'm using pure64. But I just ran an update and was able to install
enigmail, so I guess the change was made. Everything works fine now. :)

This is not an uncommon occurrence in Debian Sid. In general, if installation of one package requires the removal of another, as yesterday's Mozilla-Thunderbird
required the removal of Enigmail, the most common problem is just that one
package was released a day or two before the other (but it could be weeks).

In most cases, the simplest strategy is to hold the upgrade until all dependent
packages are ready.

BTW I recommend wajig for managing packages.

 wajig newupgrade
wajig install mozilla-thunderbird -s (simulates to check for dependencies)
 wajig mozilla-thunderbird hold (keep current version -- later unhold)

Lots of good features and very well maintained on Debian by the developer.

Dave