Re: debian-installer using 2.6.10

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 00:12:43 +0200, "dr.bob" <dr.bobik@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well excuse me, for a moment I thought you were talking about
> monolithic installation cd images (but apparently that wasn't the
> case). I, for one, would find a monolithic installation cd iso (not
> netinstall) very useful (i'm trying to install on a system with no
> debian-supported NICs and I need to push a full build environment on
> the machine, including kernel source, before i have a chance of
> building the NIC vendor-provided driver). AFAICS there are no isos
> (nor jigdos) available that would help me get that done?
>
> /dr.bob

ummm never mind, I finally managed to sort out the situation and it
wasn't a NIC driver issue at all, in spite of appearances -- my guess
is some rather subtle failure in link negotiation between the NIC and
the switch it's hooked to. Not something I can hope to understand
easily I'm afraid. Anyway, the problem is solved and debian-amd64 is
installed & running just fine on this box.

/dr.bob