Re: syslinux and bootcd packages

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 02:56:57PM +0100, Sven Mueller wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I needed to create a bootable AMD64 CD yesterday and to get there, I
> installed a fairly minimal debian-pure64 (sarge) installation and
> created AMD64 packages for syslinux and bootcd (along with
> bootcd-amd64). While fixing bootcd to build and work on AMD64 was pretty
> trivial, building syslinux required to build the package in i386, modify
> the build-scripts on AMD64 and copy the DOS/assembler stuff from the
> i386 build directory to the AMD64 build directory. Anyhow:

We have a working syslinux for amd64, it's just only available in
sid and not in sarge.  The reason that it's only in sid is that
the maintainer of the packages didn't fix it yet.

We are actually using a the patched version that is in sid to
make the debian-installer images.

There is an open bug about this for ages:
http://bugs.debian.org/249506

Kurt