Re: AMD64 / Debian / Sound

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 05:14:19PM +0100, Jacob Larsen wrote:
> I'm pretty sure you are right. My nforce3 board uses the ALC850 codec,
> and this is the way I got it working.

Hmm, I did just remember, that nvidia removed the nifty DSP from their
chipset, although I can't remember if that was as of the nforce 3 or the
4.  If that is the case does it still have the same ac97 or does it have
nothing at all.  I would hope it still at least has the same ac97
support to let the motherboard makers hook up at least some sound.  But
it could be different.  I don't have an nforce4 (yet) so I can't try it.