Re: AMD64 small form factor

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 08:49:31PM +0100, Manuele Rampazzo wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I've got Maxtor disks, not Seagate ones :-)
>
> BTW, no progresses with my problem :-( I hadn't time to check my disks
> with the (proprietary) diagnostic tool from Maxtor, it seems not
> compatible with nforce3-250 and I need to find another motherboard :-O

Make sure the SATA controller is in native mode, since in my experience
setting it to emulate PATA (for use with dos and windows installers)
makes it not work with Linux SATA drivers.

Just worth checking.

Some have enhanced, combined, compatible, etc as settings for SATA.  I
think enhanced is native mode in that case.