Re: One unsuccessfull and two successfull sarge installs

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 09:37:30AM +0000, Daniel James wrote:
> You can use a generic RTL8139 card in a half-height case - the boards
> are tiny. Either get one with a half-height bracket, or for the DIY
> method, get the full-size bracket in a vice, bend it in the right
> place, cut off the surplus with a hacksaw and drill or cut a new
> screw hole.

Or if you want something much better than a crappy 8139 I got a dlink
DFE-530TX in a box, which came with both a normal and a low profile
bracket for the back so it would go in either case size.  A few cards
are starting to ship that way now.

I imagine current versions of the 3c905 are even small enough to fit in
a low profile case.