Re: Anyone tried the ASUS A8V-E Deluxe?

Hi Kyuu,

Kyuu Eturautti wrote:
Thank you for the tip. I can now confirm that the A8V-E Deluxe onboard NIC will function with kernel versions up to 2.6.9 but not with 2.6.10 or .11. After I set up 2.6.9, I ran the install.sh script that came with the driver from syskonnect.com and generated a patch, which I applied on the kernel sources. The other installation options (expert and user) did not work. I tried all of the install options on 2.6.11, 2.6.10 and 2.6.9, and only 2.6.9 worked.

It seems I'm stuck with 2.6.9 for this particular motherboard. A newer linux driver is clearly needed from syskonnect / marvell. The nature of the errors (functions pci_save_state and pci_restore_state) might indicate functionality added in 2.6.10. I wouldn't know, I'm not a coder.

I have no idea whether this will help you, but kernel 2.6.10 prints the following message on start up:
PCI: Using ACPI for IRQ routing
** PCI interrupts are no longer routed automatically.  If this
** causes a device to stop working, it is probably because the
** driver failed to call pci_enable_device().  As a temporary
** workaround, the "pci=routeirq" argument restores the old
** behavior.  If this argument makes the device work again,
** please email the output of "lspci" to bjorn.helgaas@hp.com
** so I can fix the driver.

I think it won't hurt you to try.

Greetings,